Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

Old June 21st 06, 03:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

Hello,

I was wanting to take a standard currency form cell containing the following
number: "$180.00" in cell "F4" and be able to subtract that from the nubers
formatted in the currency form in cells "F5:F10" so that the difference in
these numbers is displayed in cell "F12". If you do not understand this let
me put this in a mathmatical sense. I want to take the $180.00, subtract
32.09-16.27-16.27-19.48-15.35-44.69. those ammount are cells "F5:F10" I would
like the difference of those totals displayed in cell "F12" as previously
stated. So can anyone help me? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

Josh
Old June 21st 06, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps ... in F12: =F4-SUM(F5:F10)
would do it here ?
--
Max