Powerpoint Graph- Shading in between two linear graph lines

Old June 14th 06, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Powerpoint Graph- Shading in between two linear graph lines

If I created a linear graph (in Powerpoint) with two lines: one showing
actual money spent and the other showing the budget over the course of a year
is it possible to shade the difference (or the region of space) between the
two lines. Basically indicated the sizable difference in actual money spent
and budget?
Old June 15th 06, 09:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Yes you can do this by adding 2 extra data series and plotting them as
Area charts.

Assuming your line data is currently in row 1 and 2 of the datasheet and
your data is plotted By Rows.
Copy row 2 to row 3
Copy row 1 to row 4

Now select the series in row 3 and change the chart type to Area, do not
worry about the change of x axis for the moment.
Format this new area chart to have the required fill colour and no border.
Change the chart type of the series in row 4 to area chart. Change it's
fill colour to that of the plotarea and set the border to none. This
will act as a mask for the lower part of the other area chart.

The above will work if the 2 lines of data do not cross.

This is an example using Excel.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

Cheers
Andy