How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

Old June 9th 06, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

Hi Guys, I need to know how to copy cells of total values from one sheet
to another if any one could help please?
I have 10 columns with 20 rows which each have a different total value,
I used the Add tool to total the rows, and dragged the formula to give
the total on the other 9 columns. It's all fine, no problem. however
when I try to copy the full total row to paste it on another sheet, the
numbers do not show & only the REF#### shows on the new sheet! I've
tried to format the cells to text, general, numbers, but nothing had
worked! Your help would be appreciated. Thank you

--
udela
udela's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35244

Old June 9th 06, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you only interested in the values?

Edit|copy your range
Select the destination cell
edit|paste special|values

Old June 9th 06, 01:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paste special > paste link, or paste special as value, the former will
update
You cannot copy the autosum formula that refers to a number of rows from one
sheet to another
because the formula will change from the source sheet to the new sheet and
if you paste into a row with lesser number
than your source formula it will return a ref error

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"udela" > wrote in
message ...

Old Lotus Sub Total & Grand Total formula Kylie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 9th 06 12:24 PM
Copy Formula That References Another Sheet JR573PUTT Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 February 16th 06 10:24 PM
Pivot table for reporting sales performance Ram Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 6th 06 10:06 AM
Copying a total from another Sheet bcemail Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 22nd 05 07:00 PM
how do I copy info from one sheet to another via a formula? Trese Excel Worksheet Functions 6 July 28th 05 02:55 PM