HOW DO I CHANGE THE EXCEL CURSOR TO AN ARROW FROM A CROSS ?

Old May 27th 06, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I CHANGE THE EXCEL CURSOR TO AN ARROW FROM A CROSS ?

usually, the cursor on spreadsheets is an arrow. when you enclose a word, you
can move it to another cell, you can drag the cell starting from (i.e. a and
you can stop it at z) from March to January etc. my cursor is a cross like
pointer which does not respond to any such commands. This occurrance is
recent so I would imagine it was created by a finger movement changing some
configuaration casuing this problem to occur.

As i am a business plan developer, these missing commands is a great
handicapp for me as it slows down my work consideraly.

Old May 28th 06, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe Tools>Options>Edit.

Check "enable cell drag and drop"

BTW...........normally the cursor on Excel sheets is a fat white cross unless
you are pointing off the sheet..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:57:01 -0700, Accellerate