How do I add the same number/value for an entire column in Excel?

Old May 25th 06, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I add the same number/value for an entire column in Excel?

What I am doing here is this for an example:
Let's Say:
A1 is 4
A2 is 9
A3 is 14
A4 is 56
A5 is 99

And what I want to do is add the number 10 to each one of these numbers in
this column. How would I go about doing this? Is there an equation? I hope
someone can help...
Old May 25th 06, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter the number 10 into any blank cell
Copy that cell
Select your range of data
Paste Special
Check the box for "Add"
Click OK
Delete the 10 that you entered originally

10 has now been added to all of your data.

HTH,
Elkar

Old May 25th 06, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In another cell enter 10. Copy that cell.

Select A1:A5
Goto Edit>PasteSpecial
Click Add
OK

Clear the cell with 10 in it.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

news

Old May 25th 06, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put the value 10 into a cell somewhere on the sheet. Select the cell and
copy the value. Now select the range of cells to which you want to add 10.

Then: Edit | PasteSpecial | Operation = Add

You can then delete/clear the cell where you put the 10.

Regards

Trevor

news