How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

Old May 20th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

I have a worksheet in Excel which I do scheduling with. I keep getting the
Header printed out on it, and then as a page 2. I don't see how to delete the
page two on the worksheet as it doesn't show. But will print. How do I delete
that second page in the worksheet? Am using Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
Old May 20th 06, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are probably cells with blank spaces in them below the end of your
data. What I do when this happens is I do a print preview, then go back onto
the sheet and highlight a whole bunch of blank rows just under the 1st page
break. This will usually get rid of any blank spaces and thus shoyuld only
print your one page of data.

Old May 20th 06, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are instructions here for manually or programmatically reseting
the used range:

That should prevent unused pages from printing

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Old May 20th 06, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roger,

To see where the page breaks are, change the view to "pagebreak
preview" [alt + v + p]. The blue lines that appear show the edges of
your pages & can be dragged with the mouse to suit.
Another approach is to clear the existing print area [alt + f + t + c],
select the range you want printed & set the print area [alt + t + s].

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Old May 20th 06, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ooopps!

The shortcut for setting the print area should be [alt + f + t + s] (in
my version of excel anyway).