CALCULATE NUMBER OF DAYS BETWEEN A DATE AND TODAY

Old May 19th 06, 12:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CALCULATE NUMBER OF DAYS BETWEEN A DATE AND TODAY

I need to calculate on a spreadsheet the number of days between a specific
date and the date the spread sheet is opened.
I need to know the number of days a merchandise has been stored.
Old May 19th 06, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TODAY()-A1

where A1 holds that date, and format as general

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"South texas man" <South texas > wrote in
message ...

Old May 19th 06, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

it did not work. B9 has the date it arrived at whse. I9 is the cell that I
need to have the number of days since merchandise arrived. Ex arrived on
05/10/06. the I9 should read "9". With the formula =TODAY()-B9 it reads
"01/22/00"

Old May 19th 06, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format that cell as general

--
Kevin Vaughn

Old May 19th 06, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry,
I don't know what I did wrong, it worked. THANKS!!!!