Sum all rows above

Old May 7th 06, 12:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sum all rows above

I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that
column. I want to do this without specifying specific rows. In this way,
if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total
correctly.

Robert

Old May 7th 06, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Robert,

Try:
=SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,ROW()-1,1))

HTH
--
AP

Old May 7th 06, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=sum(indirect("r1c"&column()&":r"& (row()-1)&"c"&column(),false))

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539632

Old May 7th 06, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A" & ROW()-1))

--
HTH,

RD

Old May 7th 06, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One more.

If your formula is in A101:
=sum(a1ffset(a101,-1,0))

Old May 8th 06, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Thanks to all who posted