HOW TO USE A FORMULA TO CHANGE CELL COLOR ACCORDING TO DATE RANGE.

Old December 26th 04, 03:19 AM
terry

Default HOW TO USE A FORMULA TO CHANGE CELL COLOR ACCORDING TO DATE RANGE.

I'm trying to write a formula that will change cells to a different color
according to a date range given.
Old December 26th 04, 05:07 AM
Ragdyer

Use Conditional Formatting.

Date at start of range in A1.
Date at end of range in A2.

Cells to change color - A3 to K3

Start by selecting A3:K3, then
<Format> <Conditional Formatting>
Expand the first box, and change to "Formula Is"
Then enter this formula in the next box:

=AND(A3>=$A$1,A3<=$A$2)

Then click on "Format", and select your formats,
Then <OK> <OK>.

Enter your start and end dates in A1 and A2, and you should be done.
--
HTH,

RD

Old December 27th 04, 04:07 AM
DrB

For numbers being minus or plus ones, I use custom formatting the cells -
[black]0.0;[red]-0.0

Wonder if this could be used with other values or text.

DrB