Convert Total Hours and Minutes to Whole Number

Old April 13th 06, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert Total Hours and Minutes to Whole Number

I have looked and cant find this question anywhere. Lets say I have 49
employees who over 4 days have worked 1,572 hours and 19 minutes. How
do I enter the 1,572 hrs and 19 min in Excel? Once I can do that, then
I believe I multiply x 24 to get a whole number - correct?

Old April 13th 06, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter 1572:49
And, yes, you are correct, multiply by 24, that will give you 1572.316667
Use INT() to get a number without a fraction.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Old April 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just format the cell as [h]:mm and enter 1572:19.

Multiplying by 24 will create the value 1572:317 if formatted as General,
which is a decimal representation of the number of hours. What whole number
are you after, hours, minutes, secs, days?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Goodness, that was so easy. I still dont know why I couldnt figure that
out. Sometimes you just miss the obvious. Thanks to all!