How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

Old March 31st 06, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

Can you please guide me about calculation of Antilog in the excel sheet.

Regards

Old March 31st 06, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Have you searched Google Groups for this? Here's one thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...21c617bb046d35

Andy.

Old March 31st 06, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Log base what? All of the following are antilogs that return x

=EXP(LN(x))
=10^LOG10(x)
=b^LOG(x,b)

Jerry

Old March 31st 06, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Definition of LOG: if x = 10^y, then y is said to be the log(base 10) of x
It is the number that 10 must be raised to to generate x
So if you know the log of a number (you know y), then you can find x using x
= 10^y
In Excel =10^A1

If you want natural logs replace 10 by e (exp(1))
Natural antilog =EXP(A1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme