How to apply a formula to all cells in a column

Old March 29th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to apply a formula to all cells in a column

Until now, I have copied a formula to all the relevant cells in a column by
clicking on the bottom right corner and dragging down through the rows.

What I need now is to apply the formula to ALL cells in a column. I don't
want to have to hold and drag down through 65000 rows.

Is there any menu option I can use to write the formula I need in cell A1,
then have it automatically apply to cells A2 through A65000 (or whatever the
end row value is).

Thanks for any help.

Gillian

Old March 29th 06, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

Enter the range in the name box: A2:A65000 then hit enter.

That range is now selected.

Type your formula in the formula bar.

Hit CTRL, ENTER.

Biff

Old March 29th 06, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With the formula in A1, enter in the Name Box (the one just below the font,
it will show A1 if you're in A1) A1:A65000 or where ever you want to copy to
and hit 'Enter',
Select 'Edit' from the toolbar, 'Fill' > 'Down' and hit 'Enter' again,
Regards,
Alan.

Old March 29th 06, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to reduce typing even more, click <copy> on the cell, move
down one row, hold the <SHIFT> key down and press <End> once followed
by <Down> then release <SHIFT> and press <Enter>.

Hope this helps.

Pete