Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

Old March 16th 06, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

I would like to know how to automatically highlight a row if one of the cells
in the row meets certain criteria. I have managed to highlight the cell with
conditional formatting but would like to be able to highlight the entire row.
Old March 16th 06, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apply conditional Formatting to all cells of the row, with a formula like
=C10="testvalue"

HTH
--
AP

message de ...

Old March 16th 06, 10:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Simon,

Select the rows you want conditional formatting to apply to, then in
conditional formatting enter this formula (suppose the condition is: cell
value in column A = "condvalue"):

=INDIRECT("A"&ROW())="condvalue"

and choose a format!

Replace ="condvalue" to your real condition, or post it to compose the
formula!

Regards,
Stefi

„simonvrowley” ezt Ã*rta:

Old March 16th 06, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry: my solution did not answer the question!

Old March 16th 06, 10:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

When u apply Conditional Formatting to a single cell, this means only that
single cell will be formatted when criteria returns the answer as TRUE.

Try applying your Conditional Formatting to all the other cells in the range
as well. Don't forget to lock the reference cell by preceeding the cell
address (ie. column or row) with the $ sign (example $A1 will ensure all the
cells in the same row will refer to column A).

Sample:
1 .Open a new blank sheet & select range A110
2. Conditional Formatting : Formula is =$A1="OK"
3. Then type "OK" in any cell betwen A1:A10
You should be able to see the effect of your conditional formatting whenever
Ok is entered into any cell in A1:A10

Hope this helps.

--
Edmund
(Using Excel XP)

Old March 16th 06, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apply the conditional formatting to all the cells in the row