DAYS360 function for 365 day year

Old March 15th 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DAYS360 function for 365 day year

I need a function that will calculate the number of days between two dates.
The DAYS360() function does that, but assumes a 360 day year of 12 equal 30
day months. I need the function to assume a 365 day year using the actual
days in each month.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
Old March 15th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put date 1 in cell A1.
Put date 2 in cell A2
in A3 type =A2-A1
--
Big Rick

Old March 15th 06, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And then format as General or Number, not as date, which Excel does automatically.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Old March 15th 06, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. I feel a little embarrased. It's almost too obvious and too easy.

Anyway, it worked. I appreciate the help.

"Big Rick" wrote:

> Put date 1 in cell A1.
> Put date 2 in cell A2
> in A3 type =A2-A1
> --
> Big Rick
>

> "Mark at Cascade" wrote:
>
> > I need a function that will calculate the number of days between two dates.
> > The DAYS360() function does that, but assumes a 360 day year of 12 equal 30
> > day months. I need the function to assume a 365 day year using the actual
> > days in each month.
> >
> > Can anybody help me?
> >
> > Thanks.

year function and financial years Martin_London Excel Worksheet Functions 5 December 6th 05 12:20 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 03:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 11:49 AM