What is Design Mode in Excel?

Old March 12th 06, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is Design Mode in Excel?

In earlier versions of Excel I have always done my designs without being in a
"mode". What is Design Mode and when would I use it?
Old March 12th 06, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2002 , I dont understand your questiion about design mode, I just open
excel and use it as is, is there some kind of desing mode I need to switch it
to?

Old March 12th 06, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl97 added the control toolbox toolbar--activex controls. The controls on this
toolbar look very much like some of the controls on the Forms toolbar (probably
what you used before???), but behave differently.

This control toolbox toolbar has a design mode icon on it. You can click on
that icon to go into design mode. This allows you to design your worksheet by
adding controls from that same toolbar. It makes so you can move things around
and change stuff -- captions and other properties.

When you're done, you click that design mode icon once more and you're out of
design mode (and essentially in "run" mode).

This is just a guess...

You may have been using the control toolbox toolbar controls instead of your
usual Forms toolbar controls. If you're happy with the Forms toolbar controls,
then use them.

Old March 12th 06, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Design mode is used when you want to add VBA code, like command buttons, text
boxes, option buttons, etc...

Old March 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Got it! thanks Richard. I had always used the Forms toolbar.

Old March 13th 06, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Got it! thanks Dave. I had always used the Forms toolbar.