A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Worksheet Functions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

calculating timesheet, time-in/time-out = total hours & minutes, .



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 7th 04, 10:45 PM
Steve Lindsay
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default calculating timesheet, time-in/time-out = total hours & minutes, .

Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and minutes
worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the calculated daily
time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through hoops so
far. Any ideas/suggestions?
Ads
  #3  
Old December 7th 04, 10:55 PM
Jason Morin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

See Chip Pearson's site for an example timesheet:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

>-----Original Message-----
>Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the

hours and minutes
>worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow

the calculated daily
>time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump

through hoops so
>far. Any ideas/suggestions?
>.
>

  #4  
Old December 8th 04, 10:05 AM
shedevel143
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default



"Steve Lindsay" wrote:

> Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and minutes
> worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the calculated daily
> time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through hoops so
> far. Any ideas/suggestions?

  #5  
Old December 10th 04, 11:59 PM
Steve Lindsay
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Frank,
Thank you that was exactly what I need. Thank you again.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> as starting point:
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Steve Lindsay" <Steve > schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag ...
> > Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

> minutes
> > worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

> calculated daily
> > time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

> hoops so
> > far. Any ideas/suggestions?

>
>

  #6  
Old December 10th 04, 11:59 PM
Steve Lindsay
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jason,
Great info. Thank you!

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> See Chip Pearson's site for an example timesheet:
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the

> hours and minutes
> >worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow

> the calculated daily
> >time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump

> through hoops so
> >far. Any ideas/suggestions?
> >.
> >

>

  #7  
Old January 26th 05, 01:37 PM
Davidfrost
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default



"Steve Lindsay" wrote:

> Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and minutes
> worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the calculated daily
> time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through hoops so
> far. Any ideas/suggestions?

  #8  
Old June 3rd 05, 06:02 PM
Tony
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Frank,

what have I to do, if I want to display in the summary of total hours more
than 24 hours? I have created my own timesheet and if I have in the summary
of total hours more than 24, it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks.

Tony

Frank Kabel p*še:

> Hi
> as starting point:
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Steve Lindsay" <Steve > schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag ...
> > Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

> minutes
> > worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

> calculated daily
> > time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

> hoops so
> > far. Any ideas/suggestions?

>
>

  #9  
Old June 3rd 05, 11:15 PM
George Nicholson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How are your cells formatted?

Under FormatCells>Number>Time: "37:30:55" would display 120:30:00 for 5
days, 30 minutes.
This is the same as FormatCells>Number>Custom: [h]:mm:ss

Alternatively, the John Walkenbach sheet that Frank directed you to uses a
Custom format [h]:mm. This would display as 120:30

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.


"Tony" > wrote in message
...
> Hi Frank,
>
> what have I to do, if I want to display in the summary of total hours more
> than 24 hours? I have created my own timesheet and if I have in the
> summary
> of total hours more than 24, it doesn't work correctly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tony
>
> Frank Kabel pse:
>
>> Hi
>> as starting point:
>> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> "Steve Lindsay" <Steve > schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag ...
>> > Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and

>> minutes
>> > worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the

>> calculated daily
>> > time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through

>> hoops so
>> > far. Any ideas/suggestions?

>>
>>



  #10  
Old June 7th 05, 03:51 PM
Tony
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you George for your support. Now it works properly.

Best regards

Tony

George Nicholson p*še:

> How are your cells formatted?
>
> Under FormatCells>Number>Time: "37:30:55" would display 120:30:00 for 5
> days, 30 minutes.
> This is the same as FormatCells>Number>Custom: [h]:mm:ss
>
> Alternatively, the John Walkenbach sheet that Frank directed you to uses a
> Custom format [h]:mm. This would display as 120:30
>
> HTH,
> --
> George Nicholson
>
> Remove 'Junk' from return address.
>
>
> "Tony" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > what have I to do, if I want to display in the summary of total hours more
> > than 24 hours? I have created my own timesheet and if I have in the
> > summary
> > of total hours more than 24, it doesn't work correctly.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Tony
> >
> > Frank Kabel p*se:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> as starting point:
> >> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Frank Kabel
> >> Frankfurt, Germany
> >>
> >> "Steve Lindsay" <Steve > schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag ...
> >> > Need to create an Excel Timesheet that calculates the hours and
> >> minutes
> >> > worked daily, based on the time-in/time-out. Then allow the
> >> calculated daily
> >> > time to total for the week. Am having to make Excel jump through
> >> hoops so
> >> > far. Any ideas/suggestions?
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems calculating total hours LolaK Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 14th 04 04:23 PM
Timesheet hours will not total. Help. Kelly Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 6th 04 04:24 PM
Subtracting paid hours from unpaid hours ejerry7 Excel Worksheet Functions 5 November 29th 04 04:16 AM
Calculating effective time from start/end date+time Stefan Stridh Excel Worksheet Functions 8 November 27th 04 03:50 PM
Help! I am stuck calculating Days, Hours, Mins please help OB1 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 15th 04 05:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.