How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

Old March 7th 06, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

I teach in the public school system and I would like to check my students'
spreadsheets by printing them with the formulas showing. I believe that
printing with the formulas showing helps me make sure they understand
formulas and functions. They are using Excel 2000.
Old March 7th 06, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hit CTRL + `(above Tab key) to toggle view formulas on/off.

Print the sheet with view on.

Alternative and much less messy is to use a macro to list formulas, results and
addressses on a seperate sheet for printing.

Sub ListFormulas()
'from John Walkenbach
Dim FormulaCells As Range, cell As Range
Dim FormulaSheet As Worksheet
Dim Row As Integer
Dim ws As Worksheet
' Create a Range object for all formula cells
On Error Resume Next
Set FormulaCells = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlFormulas, 23)

' Exit if no formulas are found
If FormulaCells Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No Formulas."
Exit Sub
End If

' Add a new worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set FormulaSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
FormulaSheet.Name = "Formulas in " & FormulaCells.Parent.Name

' Set up the column headings
With FormulaSheet
Range("A1") = "Address"
Range("B1") = "Formula"
Range("C1") = "Value"
Range("A1:C1").Font.Bold = True
End With

' Process each formula
Row = 2
For Each cell In FormulaCells
Application.StatusBar = Format((Row - 1) / FormulaCells.Count, "0%")
With FormulaSheet
Cells(Row, 1) = cell.Address _
(RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
Cells(Row, 2) = " " & cell.Formula
Cells(Row, 3) = cell.Value
Row = Row + 1
End With
Next cell

' Adjust column widths
FormulaSheet.Columns("A:C").Cells.WrapText = True ''AutoFit
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old March 7th 06, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kim, you can toggle between formulas and valves with Ctrl+`, the key next to
the 1, you may also want to have a look at some code by John Walkenbach to
list formulas and there valves on a new sheet here

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Old June 16th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for - there used to be a way to
highlight a range, and using some key combination paste it in another sheet
or a different location and list the formulas by cell. I have HUGE formulas
and some of the formulas will only print two up on a landscape page.

As for the code, wish I could use it but no one here knows much about excel
and I don't know how to load and run the code.