Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

Old March 6th 06, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds
Old March 6th 06, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Left-click on a blank, unused cell somewhere off screen and then left click
on the PaintBrush icon in the tool bar, then Left-click on the cell that's
giving you trouble.......that should clear it and return the cell format to
general.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old March 6th 06, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Format-Cells and determine the formatting of the cells in which you
are entering your numbers. It will probably say Date, "x/x/xxxx". Just
change the formatting to whatever you need, such as "General."

Old March 6th 06, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The other option is what is your date seperator in windows, is it a
comma, change it to a / and your problems may disappear!

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Old March 6th 06, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and ti

how do you do that?

Old March 6th 06, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,, It doesnt workk,, I am going crazy.. I did what you wrote but it
doesnt work.. Please help me out!!

Rgds

Old March 6th 06, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might check Tools > Autocorrect, and look to see if you have an entry to
replace the period with a slash.......if so, just highlight it and
Delete......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old March 7th 06, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would say, go into formatting and select text. Hope this helps.