How do I break up a concatenated text string ?

Old March 3rd 06, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I break up a concatenated text string ?

0 -177542.58
The above concatenated text string is a dump from another application and I
would lke to extract only -177542.58 How do I go about it ?

Old March 3rd 06, 07:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

'Data', 'Text To Columns', Accept 'Delimited', hit 'Next' & choose 'Space' &
that should do the trick.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

Old March 3rd 06, 07:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chris,
Thank you very much!!!