255 Character Limit

Old March 2nd 06, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 255 Character Limit

I am doing a vlookup command and am it is only returning the first 255
characters. How can I make it return them all?
Old March 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using =vlookup() to return a value from a closed workbook, then open
that other workbook (and force a recalculation).

Closed workbooks will only "send" 255 characters.

Old March 2nd 06, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that works perfectly