Web Query With Multiple Stock Symbols & Stock Scouter

Old March 1st 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Web Query With Multiple Stock Symbols & Stock Scouter

I have a couple of questions about Web querying with Excel. First, is it
possible to create queries for Stock Scouter rankings on a column of stock
symbols consisting of, say, 100 stock symbols?

The link to Microsoft's basic html link to obtain a Stock Scouter rank is
shown below, with the symbol for Microsoft (symbol=MSFT) as shown at the end
of the link:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...sp?Symbol=msft

So, I'm hoping to use the above link for a single column of about 100
symbols, which will change weekly, on a spreadsheet, with the accompanying
Stock Scouter score queried and displayed in an accompanying column. The
two confusing (for me) problems I have with this objective a

1) The symbols for the single column will change weekly, and it would be
useful if Excel could accomodate the change.
2) I don't quite understand how to use the HTML link above in context of the
changing symbols and what gets displayed in each cell. All I'm interested
in obtaining is the numeric score for each symbol without any additional
information from the page.

If this is possible to do with Excel, can instructions be posted for a
technophobe on how to do this?

Thank you for any assistance.