Combining 2 different types of bar graph

Old February 20th 06, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combining 2 different types of bar graph

Hi
I have 3 series of sales data I need to plot - actual, max budget & min
budget - for 12 months.
With the months being the x axis, I need the graph to be a standard bar
chart, with the colums side by side for each month (clustered column).
However, for the 2 bdget columns I need them to be of the "stacked" column
type - so that when the graph is presented we can see exactly how the actual
column each month compares to both budget figures.
I've tried changing the chart type for each of the series, but it seems to
change all 3 series each time. I could easily combine a line graph with the
stacked columns, but for some reason I can't combine stacked columns and
clustered columns.
I hope I've explained this well!!
Thanks in advance
Dave
Old February 23rd 06, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try one of the links on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------