How to use literal quotes with concatenation

Old February 3rd 06, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to use literal quotes with concatenation

I have a cell that I would like to build that looks like this:
-c:1006 -u:PC\USER -i:"D:\Program Files\SomeApp\My Server\file.txt"

The only variable field is 1006 which is pulled from column B.

So this is how it's setup:
="-c:"&(B7)&" -u:PC\USER -i:\Program Files\SomeApp\My
Server\file.txt"

However, I need the quotes to show up. I have tried '" (single quote
double quote) but that gives errors. The only way around it is to put a
quote in a place holder cell i2 then use:

="-c:"&(B4)&" -u:PC\USER -i:" & $I$2 & "D:\Program Files\SomeApp\My
Server\file.txt"& $I$2 &""

Isn't there a simple way to negate the quote so I can keep the formula
within the one cell and not have to reference another one? Thanks!

--
schieb
schieb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31168

Old February 3rd 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a couple of ways:

1 - use 4 double quotes """" to get a single " double quote
or
2 - use CHAR(34) which is the code for a double quote

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Old February 3rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ah, thank you very much. It appears doube quotes give you the single
quote though?

="-c:"&(B2)&" -uOMAIN\USER -i:""D:\Some PAth\client.txt"""
results:
-c:ACOMPUTER -uOMAIN\USER -i:"D:\Some PAth\client.txt"

Perfect, Thanks.