Why would autosum not be working?

Old February 1st 06, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why would autosum not be working?

Have a very simple spreadsheet i use to calculate hours spent on particular
jobs and have been using it successfully for about a year. At the bottom of
each colum I use the auto sum to add the numer of hour for each day and at
the end of each row I calculate the number of hours for each job.

Just recently the totals fail to update when I add/delete/change the data, I
have checked the formulas and nothin in them has changed but to make the
total change I have to double click to highlight the formula and then press
enter. Very annoying when it should and used to happen automatically

can someone please help?
Old February 1st 06, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you have excel in manual calculation mode.

Tools|options|calculation tab
is where you change it to automatic.