How make the sum red when the sum is minus?

Old January 28th 06, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How make the sum red when the sum is minus?

I want the sum to be red if it's minus and black if it's plus.
Old January 28th 06, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your data in currency then go to Format/Cells and select Currency then
negetive red numbers from the list on the right. If regular numbers then use
a custom format:
#,##0.00;[Red]-#,##0.00

HTH
JG

Old January 28th 06, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way to do this is Conditional Formatting.
Go to 'Format' - 'Conditional formatting' and set criteria for what you want
to do.
--
George