Allow multiple rows of worksheet tabs for complex spreadsheets

Old January 23rd 06, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Allow multiple rows of worksheet tabs for complex spreadsheets

In complex Excel spreadsheets, the current single line for worksheet tabs is
restrictive.

Instead, please consider including a second or third row option that will
allow for numerous worksheets to be accessible at one time.

This will save time instead of having to use the |< < > >| buttons.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Old January 23rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you right click over the buttons you can pick from a larger set of
Worksheets, but not all of them. You can pick more sheets which opens a
dialogue box that allows you to pick the sheet you want.

--
drewlake
drewlake's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30349

Old January 23rd 06, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about trying this

I add a drop-down to the Formatting toolbar, and in ThisWorkbook, I setup up
the toolbar buton and populate it so

Private Workbook_Open()
With Application.CommandBars("Formatting")
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlDropdown, temporary:=True)
.Caption = "SheetGoto"
.OnAction = "GotoSheet"
End With End With
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
Dim i As Long

With Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Controls("Sh eetGoto")
.Clear
For i = 1 To Wb.Sheets.Count
.AddItem Wb.Sheets(i).Name
Next i
.ListIndex = 1
End With
End Sub

In a standard code module I add this macro to actiavte the sheet

Private Sub GotoSheet()
With Application.CommandBars.ActionControl
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(.Text).Activate
End With
End Sub

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Peter Gross" <Peter > wrote in message
> In complex Excel spreadsheets, the current single line for worksheet tabs

is
> restrictive.
>
> Instead, please consider including a second or third row option that will
> allow for numerous worksheets to be accessible at one time.
>
> This will save time instead of having to use the |< < > >| buttons.
>

> ----------------

this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=34febb21-51
6c-43e3-9d5a-c945b090cdfe&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Old January 23rd 06, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peter-
Did you know you can display multiple tabs on screen simultaneously?
With your sprdsht open, click >Window >New. Notice the filename (upper
left corner) now includes a :1 or :2 suffix, indicating which window is
visible. Click >Window >Arrange and select one of the display options
(I prefer horizontal) to show both windows at once. Select window 1
and indicate which tab to display; select window 2 and indicate another
tab to display. A change made to one window is made to the other
window, so you can see the results of a change as it ripples throughout
the sprdsht.

Old November 2nd 06, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason

"Peter Gross" wrote:

> In complex Excel spreadsheets, the current single line for worksheet tabs is
> restrictive.

I have a worksheet with over 60 tabs. A summary worksheet pulls data from
all of the other worksheets. I solved my navigation problem by putting a
hyperlink for each of the other tabs on the summary page. On all the other
worksheet , there is a hyperlink back to the summary worksheet.

Old June 3rd 10, 11:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
anton

"Jason" wrote:

> "Peter Gross" wrote:
>
> > In complex Excel spreadsheets, the current single line for worksheet tabs is
> > restrictive.

> I have a worksheet with over 60 tabs. A summary worksheet pulls data from
> all of the other worksheets. I solved my navigation problem by putting a
> hyperlink for each of the other tabs on the summary page. On all the other
> worksheet , there is a hyperlink back to the summary worksheet.

This do the trick when navigating data sheets, how ever when working this
summary work sheet and writing formulas containting cells from multiple
worksheets there is just no easy way to use that method for entering 'name of
tab 87'!C2 for instance.

I'd still love to be able to use multiple rows of work sheet tabs or to
shrink the font and/ or turn the tab names 90 degrees for easy access when
working formulas.
Old June 3rd 10, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Dunn

Have you tried right-clicking on the group of arrows to the left of the
tabs?