Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data simultaneouly

Old January 18th 06, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data simultaneouly

I'd like to make a pivot chart that displays the same data both as a
total and as a percentage at the same time:

Example:

Consider the following source data:

Name Category Value
a c1 10
a c2 20
b c1 5
b c2 30

It is easy enough to make a pivot table displaying:

Sum of Value Category
Name c1 c2 Grand Total
a 10 20 30
b 5 30 35
Grand Total 15 50 65

It is also easy to display the percentages of the grand total for each
entry.

I'd like to display both simultaneously. Something like

Name c1 c1% c2 c2% grand total
a 10 33% 20 66% 30

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Old January 18th 06, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data s

in your pivot table layout option in Data section darg in value column twice.
so you will have Sum of Value and Sum of Value2. Double click on Sum of Value
2
choose option-->show data as-->% of Row click OK and Ok again. now you
should be able %row shows up in your pivot table.

Nikki