how to increase the number by 1 from the cell above?

Old November 17th 04, 03:53 PM
the worker

Default how to increase the number by 1 from the cell above?

I am trying to find out how to increase the number, by the value of one, from
the cell directly above (without re-typing it in every time), and preferably
without entering a formula in every cell.
Old November 17th 04, 04:00 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
easy solution. Formula:
=A1+1
and just copy down as far as needed

Old November 18th 04, 01:39 AM
Gord Dibben

Enter a start number in a cell.

Right-click on that cell and drag down using the fill handle.

Release button and "Fill Series" from the menu.

OR.......enter a start number in a cell.

Select that cell and a whack of cells below.

Edit>Fill>Series>OK

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:53:03 -0800, "the worker" <the