Circular functions

Old November 12th 04, 07:55 PM
arkansooner

Default Circular functions

I'm attempting to solve a function, but this function id dependent on
itself. Everytime I attempt to solve, excel tells me that I'm solving
a circular function. When I attempt to iterate the function, I get
div/0 in the cell.

Does anyone know how to solve this type of functions?

--
arkansooner
arkansooner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16417

Old November 12th 04, 08:18 PM
Niek Otten

You'll have to be a bit more specific on what formulas/functions you're
trying to solve. Include details about values of input cells, results you
expect, etc.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old November 12th 04, 08:53 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
post your used formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"arkansooner" > schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

> I'm attempting to solve a function, but this function id dependent on
> itself. Everytime I attempt to solve, excel tells me that I'm

solving
> a circular function. When I attempt to iterate the function, I get
> div/0 in the cell.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this type of functions?
>

> --
> arkansooner

---

Old November 12th 04, 09:01 PM
JE McGimpsey

You don't give enough information about your function to hazard a guess,
but you can see the mechanics of setting up an intentional circular
reference at

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html