How do I combine quantities of similar line items

Old January 4th 06, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I combine quantities of similar line items

I need a way to combine quantities of similar part numbers into one line item
rather than several line items of only a single quantity.

I would like to turn this......:
Part Number Qty.
D4DP91SRAA 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1

........Into this:
Part Number Qty.
D4DP91SRAA 1
D4DP6XY6AB 4

Old January 4th 06, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use data|Pivottable.

But if your data is sorted, using data|subtotals will get you kind of close.

Old January 4th 06, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look at data>filter>advanced filter, select the part number range and select
unique records only and copy to another location

Peo Sjoblom

"Joshua Hullender" > wrote in
message ...