Can I overlap only two of four data series in Excel Column Chart?

Old December 19th 05, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can I overlap only two of four data series in Excel Column Chart?

I'm trying to show a range on two of the four data series. Currently if I
selected data series and overlap then it will overlap all four data series.
Old December 20th 05, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Perhaps you want a stacked column chart. The bottom value in the stack would
be the minimum value of the range, and the top would be the max minus the
min. Format the bottom element to hide it (no border, no area fill), and the
remaining stacked item floats from the bottom to the top of the range. Check
the link below for more information.

Floating column charts:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ngColumns.html

- Jon