How do I change one repeated word in the spreadsheet to another?

Old December 15th 05, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change one repeated word in the spreadsheet to another?

If I've used a word multiple times in a worksheet and want to change them all
to another word. ie: all words"exhibit" changed to "show". How can I do this?
Thank you
Old December 15th 05, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Edit | Replace (or CTRL-H). Type exhibit in the Find What box, type
show in the Replace With box and click Replace All.

Pete

Old December 15th 05, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I should have said highlight the block of cells first, then
CTRL-H.

Pete

Old December 15th 05, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Largo

CTRL + a(twice in Ver. 2003) to select all cells.

Edit>Replace

What: exhibit
With: show

In options check "match entire cell contents" or not depending upon if
"exhibit" is in cells with other text or by itself.

Replace all

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Old December 15th 05, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ctrl+H

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the column('s) and go to EDIT - Find and Replace

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640