how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

Old December 9th 05, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

does anyone know how to add a drag -down list box and if I choos a from my
list, it will give 1 to cell B1, If I choose b from my list, it will give 2
to the same cell B1, and so on. Thanks.
Old December 10th 05, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All you have to do is use data validation for the drop down box in A1 and
then in cell B2 use =LOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_vector,result_vector).