How do I unwrap text to columns?

Old December 9th 05, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I unwrap text to columns?

I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in
one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2
etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a
delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard.

I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise
ALT+ENTER as a delimiter

Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks
Old December 9th 05, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data >
TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old December 9th 05, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Text To Columns,
Click "Other"
Then hold down <Alt>
Then enter
010
Using the Num keypad, *not* the numbers under the function keys.
--

HTH,

RD