How not to show #N/A when using vlookup formula

Old December 7th 05, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How not to show #N/A when using vlookup formula

I have a vlookup formula =vlookup(V3,SHEET1!,$G$3:$J$14520,4,0) which I have
inputed. Many of the responses come back with #N/A. I would like to remove
this. Using IF(V3="","", does not work, becasue there is data there. What
do I need to add to my formula?
--
Thanks in advance,

inthestand
Old December 7th 05, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",YourFormula)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Old December 7th 05, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to add an if statement

=if(iserror(vlookup(V3,SHEET1!,$G$3:$J$14520,4,0)) ,"No
Data",vlookup(V3,SHEET1!,$G$3:$J$14520,4,0))

Hope it helps