Cursor doesn't move when page up or page down in Excel 2003

Old December 3rd 05, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cursor doesn't move when page up or page down in Excel 2003

I searched to see if a thread was already started, but could not find one.

Problem is, when i press page up, or page down the screen moves down one
page, but the cursor doesn't go with it. If, after i press page down, i
press the down arrow key, the cursor winds up in the cell just beneath the
cell i began with before i pressed page down the first time.

I have looked everywhere i can think of to resolve this myself. Can anyone
please help?

Thanks!

Dan
Old December 3rd 05, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Press Scroll Lock one more time

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Old December 5th 05, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but Scroll Lock has no effect.

Old December 12th 05, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dan,
Look at the lower right corner just below the spread sheet are there any
indicators turned on other than SUM. (statustbar.htm)
If the scroll lock were on you would see SCRL in fact hit scroll lock and
make sure you can turn that indicator on and off, also a Scroll Lock light
should turn on or off. Also test NumLock another with both light and statusbar indications..

Have you gone through a reboot, since experiencing the problem. Is it only
Excel that you are having a problem with. Try clearing out Internet Explorer
cache -- not that I see any connection but it's simple to do from IE use
tools, internet options, general (tab), delete files..

Can you select any cell you want to with the mouse, and change type anything
into it. (protection.htm)

Do you know what a macro is (getstarted.htm)

Does this happen in all of Excel, or only in one worksheet, or only in one workbook.
such as event macros in a worksheet [right click on worksheets tab, view code] ' or
in ThisWorkbook [right click on Excel logo to left of File menu, view code]
More information on event macros in event.htm on my site.

Have you tried opening Excel in safe mode -- (slowresp.htm) without any macros or addin.
From Start, Run: excel.exe /s
Description of the startup switches for Excel

What version of Excel, and what do you remember doing before the problem started.
Did you install anything. Do you have problems in other applications.
---
HTH, (filenames in parens are files on my site)