Goal Seek - reference a cell for "To value" field?

Old November 5th 04, 07:20 PM
cchristensen

Default Goal Seek - reference a cell for "To value" field?

Is it possible to create a macro using goal seek that will automatically
reference a cell in the worksheet for the "To value" field, rather than
having to enter a value? I've tried copying/pasting a value into this field
while recording a macro, but the dialog box doesn't allow that.

My goal is to allow a user to enter a target value (retail price, in this
case), then have a macro activate solver to find the minimum number of units.

Any ideas?
Old November 5th 04, 07:27 PM
Niek Otten

There are many ways to do that using VBA.
But there is a way to do that just using formulas: introduce a formula which
subtracts the result from a cell (in which the required result is stored)
and then goalseek for the value zero.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten