Where do I find greek symbols such as theta?

Old November 20th 05, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Where do I find greek symbols such as theta?

I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.
Old November 20th 05, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's where they can be inserted from so my question is if you select basic
Greek from the dropdown in symbols can't you see it there?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

Old November 20th 05, 06:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot find basic greek, or for that matter anything to do with greek
letters, as an option.

Old November 20th 05, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What options do you have if you click insert>symbol and in the subset click
the dropdown?

Old November 20th 05, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Greek alphabet is there. Enter a lower case a and select the symbol font
and you will see an alpha.

The fonts symbol, webdings, wingdings, windings2 and wingdings 3 have lots
of neat stuff in them.
--
Gary's Student

Old November 21st 05, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:16:11 -0800, "eaterofcheese"
> wrote:

>I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
>angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I have
>tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Select where you wish to insert the symbol.

Then:

Insert/Symbol

Select a font that has the extended Unicode characters. Try your default font
first, but the Arial fonts have them, as do many others.

In the lower right hand corner, in the **from:** dialog box, select
Unicode(hex).

In the character code box, enter 3B8. That should bring up the lower case
theta if it is present in your selected font.

Then Insert.

--ron