Excel Ranges & LEFT

Old November 14th 05, 02:35 PM
Stu - Wast

Default Excel Ranges & LEFT

Hi all,

I need to search a range of cells (eg a1:aa50) for a shift start time
(08:00), and count the number of times the start time appears, displaying
this in another cell.

Each column is a staff member, plus additional columns are for temporary
staff.
Each row is a seperate date, and may have none, one, two or more of each
starting time. I need to check, by date, that the shift is covered by the
right number of staff, either permenant and/or temps.

However, some of the shifts will have additional info (temp staff initials)
eg 08:00 SH).

I can search the ranges using COUNTIF, but I also need to utilise the LEFT
function, to only pick out the start times.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Stu