HOW DO I REMOVE #VALUE FROM MY SPREAD SHEET

Old November 12th 05, 02:46 AM
Jas

Default HOW DO I REMOVE #VALUE FROM MY SPREAD SHEET

After entering a formular into a cell. The formula works but the cell shows
"#VALUE! and if the cell is not used it prints value on the page.
How do I remove #VALUE
Please
Old November 12th 05, 03:20 AM
Ron Coderre

You basically have 2 options here.

Prevent errors from printing
---------------------------------
If you're OK with seeing the errors on the worksheet, but DON'T want to see
them on the printed copies:
File>Page Setup>Sheet Tab
-Set Cell Errors to: (select one of the options)

Prevent errors from displaying or printing
If you don't want to see them on the worksheet or on the printed page, then
you have to build the solution into your formulas:
Example:
A1: 0
A2: 3
A3: =A2/A1 <-Returns #DIV/0!

Change A3 to: =IF(ISERROR(A2/A1),"",A2/A1)

That formula pre-tests the calculation to see if it returns an error.
If Yes, then it displays an empty string, otherwise it displays the formula
results.

Does that help?

Ron