I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

Old November 8th 05, 05:11 PM
Cervantes

Default I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323

Old November 8th 05, 05:19 PM
Anne Troy

Format-->Cells, Number tab, Choose Customer and type 000 into the short box
at the right.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Cervantes" > wrote
in message ...

Old November 8th 05, 05:26 PM
Johnny Naperville

Format(<cell>,"000") will also work.

Old November 8th 05, 05:38 PM
Cervantes

Thanks to the both of you for the quick replies

Old November 8th 05, 06:05 PM

=text(a1,"000")

????

Old November 8th 05, 08:12 PM
Terry

I just change cell format to text it works, however when I sort them latter,
numerical data and text data they sory separately.

Will the way you guys provide can deal the problem of latter sorting?

Old November 8th 05, 08:14 PM
Anne Troy

Yep. The value is the sort order, not the display.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com