How do I convert numbers to the opposite sign?

Old October 24th 05, 03:11 PM
CindyatRWD

Default How do I convert numbers to the opposite sign?

I need to change all positive numbers in the spreadsheet to negative numbers,
and vice versa in Excel.
Old October 24th 05, 03:17 PM
damorrison

times it by -1

Old October 24th 05, 03:19 PM

Put -1 in an empty cell
edit|copy that cell
select your range to fix
Edit|paste special|check multiply.

Old October 24th 05, 03:24 PM
bpeltzer

Type a '-1' in some random cell and copy it (ctrl+C). Then select the cells
you want to switch and Edit > Paste Special, select Values and Multiple and
click OK.