How do I make flashcards from Excel spreadsheet?

Old October 21st 05, 07:41 PM
Ellen

Default How do I make flashcards from Excel spreadsheet?

My daughter's teacher has asked me to make index card sized flashcards for
their classroom. I have put the words into an excel spreadsheet. Any ideas
how to get each word out on it's own index card in large enough letters to
read?
Old October 21st 05, 08:41 PM

You may want to use MSWord and excel and use mailmerge to create these flash
cards.

In fact, if you go to MSWord, you'll see that mailmerge supports lots of
different things. Maybe you could go to your local office suppy store and get
some card stock that MSWord supports.

Then use that to print the flash cards.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

In fact, if you ask this question in one of the MSWord newsgroups, you may even
get a nice(r) recommendation.

Old October 21st 05, 11:03 PM
Ellen

Thank you Dave