Works Spreadsheets vs Excel

Old October 19th 05, 01:43 AM
Help1

Default Works Spreadsheets vs Excel

What's the difference between Works Spreadsheet and Excel....... I think they
are both Microsoft but they don't work the same... I'm just a beginner,
please help me to understand
If I know how to use one can I use the other just as easy?
Old October 19th 05, 11:34 AM
Harald Staff

Hi

Works spreadsheets is a very simple small spreadsheet program for small
basic work. Ecxel is a very complex big spreadsheet program, you can do just
anything with it -including small basic work. They are both Microsoft
applications but their file formats are not compatible.

If you have basic spreadsheet skills then you won't have problems using any
of the two, or any of the other spreadsheet programs available. The
differences between them appear when you do complex tasks or work with
bigger amounts of data.

Spreadsheets are very fun to work with, there is much more to it than
"budget work". So welcome, and good luck with whichever application you
choose to start with.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Help1" > skrev i melding

Old October 19th 05, 06:03 PM
Help1

Thank you so much, your information was very helpful and very easy to
understand.
Thanks again
I was looking how to rate your reply, but I can't find how to do it, but I'm
giving you 5 stars or what ever is the top best.

Old October 19th 05, 10:05 PM
Harald Staff

Thanks. 5 stars will just do :-)

Seriously, the MS ranking system and also any web browser based "excel
forum" showing this thread is simply stealing Usenet content for their own
commercial purposes.
See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm
and
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe....htm#OE_direct
on how to connect to the real thing. No ads, no banners, no commerce, no
ranking, just free assistance from good people. And occationally something
really ugly, also for free <g>.

Best wishes Harald

"Help1" > skrev i melding