convert dates to number of days

Old September 28th 05, 12:18 PM
milk0s

Default convert dates to number of days

Hi,

I am trying to work out a formula to covert rolling dates to number of days
into a seperate row in EXCEL to save me manually working out the number of
days between reults to make a comparison between two sets of data starting at
different points in the year but running for a similar number of days.

e.g.
Data Set 1
01/01/05=day 1
07/01/05=day7
01/02/05=day32
etc.

Data Set 2
17/04/05=day1
21/04/05=day4
27/04/05=day10
etc.

If anyone can help me on this one I would be most grateful

Thx

Old September 28th 05, 12:50 PM
Roger Govier

Hi

Simply subtract the cell with the earlier date, from the cell withe the
later date, but add 1 to make it inclusive of the start and end dates.

=B1-A1+1
Make sure you format the cell with the formula as General.
Format>Cells>Number>General

Regards

Roger Govier

Old September 28th 05, 01:31 PM
Lenny

=DATEDIF(Start date, End Date, "D")

you would use "Y" for years and "M" for months

Lenny