How to make row height to exactly equal column width?

Old September 20th 05, 07:59 PM
ChessNut

Default How to make row height to exactly equal column width?

I want to make all rows and all columns the exact same size. How do I do that?
Old September 20th 05, 08:50 PM
Gord Dibben

Chess

Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions
your approximation can be off.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you then convert to
inches at 25.4 mm per inch..........

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:59:07 -0700, "ChessNut"

Old September 20th 05, 08:58 PM
Gary''s Student

Height is measured in points (72 points to the inch)
Width is measured in points (12 points to the inch)

To make a chess board with 1 inch squares, select the entire worksheet and
set all the row heights to 72 and column widths to 12
--
Gary''s Student

Old September 20th 05, 10:20 PM
bill kuunders

Or to do it in pixels
17 pixels high and 20 wide will give you the smallest possible square
--
greetings from New Zealand
Bill Kuunders

Old September 21st 05, 12:27 AM