is there a percent error function in excel?

Old September 11th 05, 08:02 PM
syco1234

Default is there a percent error function in excel?

is there? i can't seem to find one.
Old September 11th 05, 11:16 PM
Fred Smith

What would be the error? The only one I can think of is division by zero, which
has its own error message.

Fred

Old September 12th 05, 04:22 PM
MrShorty

May depend on exactly how you are defining % error, but I don't think
there's a built in % error function. I almost always use
(calculated-actual)/actual, but I know there are other ways to
represent error, too. How do you want to defing % error?

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181