Creating Machine shop part schedule using Excel

Old September 9th 05, 07:32 PM
Amear

Default Creating Machine shop part schedule using Excel

Hello, my name is Alex Barker and I am working for a company in Ontaro
Canada called Knoch Manufacturing.

I am experienced with Excel, but not quite capable enough to complete
the project given.

We are a machine shop that has 14 different CNC machines.
We keep track of Queued, Pending , and Distant jobs for each machine
Queued- ready to run
Pending- one more operation then ready to run
Distant- 2 or more operations becure ready to run
This information also comes along with a due date and hours remaining
on operation

What we are looking for is a program that schedules this information
into a calander in priority of due date. We have 3 shifts a day and
this information changes daily.

Some parts have multiple operations and then switch machines and a part
can be running on the same machine for a shift to a week at a time.

Is this at all possiable for your company to handle?

Ive spent the past week staring at a computer screen and at the point
right now of getting outside help.

I have a data base of information that I have transfered into excel and
is capable of being updated almost instantly.

ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME

Regards,

Alex Barker

--
Amear
Amear's Profile:

Old September 10th 05, 03:03 PM
Ron P

"Amear" > wrote in
message ...

> Hello, my name is Alex Barker and I am working for a company in Ontaro
> Canada called Knoch Manufacturing.
>
> I am experienced with Excel, but not quite capable enough to complete
> the project given.
>
> We are a machine shop that has 14 different CNC machines.
> We keep track of Queued, Pending , and Distant jobs for each machine
> Queued- ready to run
> Pending- one more operation then ready to run
> Distant- 2 or more operations becure ready to run
> This information also comes along with a due date and hours remaining
> on operation
>
> What we are looking for is a program that schedules this information
> into a calander in priority of due date. We have 3 shifts a day and
> this information changes daily.
>
> Some parts have multiple operations and then switch machines and a part
> can be running on the same machine for a shift to a week at a time.
>
> Is this at all possiable for your company to handle?
>
> Ive spent the past week staring at a computer screen and at the point
> right now of getting outside help.
>
> I have a data base of information that I have transfered into excel and
> is capable of being updated almost instantly.
>
> ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex Barker

You might want to consider using software like Project (Microsoft) for this
kind of thing.
--
Ron P

Just remember....if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.