How to make first row to show on every page

Old September 7th 05, 01:40 PM
Minnow

Default How to make first row to show on every page

I have a spread sheet. The first row data is the header for each column. But
they does not show on every page.

How can I make them show on every page?

I surely would appreciate any answer.
Old September 7th 05, 01:52 PM

If you mean show on the window while you're editing:

Select A1 (to make sure you can see row 1)
select B1
window|freeze panes

If you mean when you print:
file|page setup|sheet tab
rows to repeat at top: $1:$1

Old September 7th 05, 02:01 PM
David McRitchie

I see Dave answered your question, perhaps the related information
may still be of use.

For printing, file, page setup, sheets (tab)
Rows to print at top: 1:1

You probably want the same for viewing
Select row 2 if you want to repeat row 1, or
Select cell B2 if you want to retain column A and row 1
Window (menu), Freeze panes -- unfreeze to reverse process

Additional related information in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/logohead.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q288964 Excel 2002 picture in header/footer

---
HTH,

Old September 7th 05, 02:05 PM
Minnow

I do mean print out. It worked. Thanks a lot.

Old September 22nd 05, 03:00 PM
Falcp

Falcp

Old September 22nd 05, 06:56 PM
David McRitchie

You are using the "Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000" (Microsoft Communities)
web interface. You are not directly using the newsgroups.

If you are checking a box to show that the response(s) answered your question, please
be aware that that indication does not come back to the actual newsgroups -- we can
only see the text you type in.

This question and ansers in this case were very straightforward and there are no
conflicting answers, so it is reasonable to assume that the question was answered satisfactorily.

Had there been different and/or conflicting answers feedback becomes much more
valuable so that everyone knows WHICH answer was usable from your point of view,
and so that everyone can tell whether you problem was really solved or not.

Or maybe you just accidentally hit hit Enter and an empty response was generated,
which can happen even in the newsgroups, but more likely to happen on web based
(HTML) interfaces. ..

---
HTH,