How do I merge cells in Excel, like just 2 cells to make one big .

Old January 19th 05, 04:07 PM
chattacat

Default How do I merge cells in Excel, like just 2 cells to make one big .

How do I merge 2 cells on a page of excel? NOT 2 workbooks, NOT a whole
line, but just 2 cells to make one bigger one?
Old January 19th 05, 04:21 PM
Peo Sjoblom

Select them, do format>cells>alignment and check merge
Let me also say that most (all) experienced excel users try to avoid merging
if possible, you always seem to run into problems later on by using it.
Most layouts can be done by centering across cells and removing of gridlines
without using these beasts

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Old January 19th 05, 04:25 PM
Michele

you should have a icon on you toolbar( if not go to view, toolbar, customize
and on the toolbar tab scroll to the botton and click on worksheet menu bar)
highlight the cells you want to merge and click on you merge cell icon